?'s about reef lighting

dljwatson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new on Reef2Reef. Thrilled to be here especially if this site helps me out as much as my BMWf800 forum site did.

Ok, so I'm thinking about starting a 5gl reef tank. Now I now that this has most of you out there cringing but I don't want to go large and I really want a nano system and I want to go as simple as possible. Yes I'm putting simple and reef system together in the same sentence but notice I said "as possible" Lol

Ok, so my questions: (The tank I'm thinking about is the fluval Spec V)

Is the lighting it comes with sufficient enough lighting to support a few pieces of coral, a clown and possibly an anenome, a goby of sort a shrimp and a snail and then some greenery? (I know it comes with LED not metal halide.) If what it comes with is not sufficient lighting then what could I replace it with that will fit this set up?

Will I need to add another power head?

Will it make that big of a difference if I don't use a pr skimmer? And if highly recommended will the Tunze 9002 fit this tank?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!!
I'd not use that lighting for Anemones or LPS Corals, if they need 37 of them, they aren't all that good. You want at least 1w LEDs in that style tank.
I'd definately get a small nano powerhead for the tank, you want a bit of flow that the filter does not provide.
Im unsure if the skimmer your looking at will fit. Maybe someone else can throw down with that.
Nano Aquarium LED Sizing Guide: LED Aquarium Lighting

Back