Sailfin with Reoccurring Illness.

Dogger62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Juvenile Sailfin has been with us for about 1 year. This tank is 2 years old now but we have been in the hobby about 15 years now. Every 2-3 weeks his color changes as well as his mood. He stops eating and hides in the rocks. After a week of this his color comes back and he is out and is eating. He is going through this again but this morning he is at the top of the tank and we can see some of his tankmates are picking on him. Has anyone seen this. Like I say it comes and goes for him and no others.
IMG_1872.jpg
IMG_1871.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My Juvenile Sailfin has been with us for about 1 year. This tank is 2 years old now but we have been in the hobby about 15 years now. Every 2-3 weeks his color changes as well as his mood. He stops eating and hides in the rocks. After a week of this his color comes back and he is out and is eating. He is going through this again but this morning he is at the top of the tank and we can see some of his tankmates are picking on him. Has anyone seen this. Like I say it comes and goes for him and no others.
IMG_1872.jpg
IMG_1871.jpg
Heavy case of hlle
Likely preexisting and Good water quality and diet will help resolve but not fully heal
What foods are you feeding?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, that's HLLE, but that doesn't account for its changing behavior. I'm not sure what is causing that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back