OP
saintsreturn

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOOO Box o' goodies!!

@Ranjib needs to get over here and have a look at what you guys are doing. I think this is going to be an epic build!

The excitement is building over here! I hope this is worthy of his time :D

Oooohhhhh... aaahhhhhh!

My thoughts!

@saintsreturn - unrelated to this build; I have some reef-related 3d print files. Things like a full protein skimmer, kalk stirrer, light hangers, outlet cover, bulkhead wrench, 2in reactor, etc... If you would like me to share them with you just PM me a good email address. I ask for the address because 3d files cannot be uploaded on r2r.

Now back to the regularly scheduled build...

Thank you bud, I will keep that in mind!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I upgraded my tank from my 75 to my 110, I decided to sell of my JBJ Auto Top Off setup for something smaller and more sleek. So with this new goal in mind, i bought a Smart ATO. I hate this thing. I hate it in ways i could not know i could hate a single item. After hours of research, i decided to buy a new ATO setup on BRS. I was talking to a friend about it and was bouncing the idea off of him as he is in the market for one as well.

After a brief 20 minute conversation, we assembled a new Amazon shopping list of Pi supplies. It turns out, i am able to buy enough material for two "complete" Reef Pi systems for a couple dollars more than the single ATO i had in mind...

Today I hit the "buy now" button and thought i would start a thread with its progress. For now, he is drawing the designs in his system (3D printer) and we are waiting on the parts... But here we go:

Ordered:
1) White PLA
2) Photoelectric Water sensors
3) 8 channel board
4) nine to nine connectors
5) Canakit ras pi power supply
6) SD card
7) Temp sensor
8) Male plugs
9) Power socket plug panel screw mount

Building:
1) 16 outlet power module with 8 controlled outlets and 8 always hot (debating wiring in a toggle button on the last 8)
2) Mounts and hanging system for the cables

I will post some pics up whenever items start moving in the process. I hope this thread intrigues and inspires some folks out there.

More to follow/

Whoa :)
Thank you for considering reef-pi . Looking forward. My journey with similar experience involving a very expensive LED controller :)

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOOOO Box o' goodies!!

@Ranjib needs to get over here and have a look at what you guys are doing. I think this is going to be an epic build!
Thanking for tagging me. I missed it :)

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saintsreturn - unrelated to this build; I have some reef-related 3d print files. Things like a full protein skimmer, kalk stirrer, light hangers, outlet cover, bulkhead wrench, 2in reactor, etc... If you would like me to share them with you just PM me a good email address. I ask for the address because 3d files cannot be uploaded on r2r.

Now back to the regularly scheduled build...
We have reef-pi community in thigiverse as well. You can tag your 3d designs, and folks who want to reuse it can find it easily. https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/reef-pi/about maintained by @sfgabe

muhteeus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Middle.JPG

Part 1 of 6. Version 1.

Diamond1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Round two
9d3782604648abc051975786f237e6d4.jpg

It's funny that 6 months ago I would have looked at all the goodies you're getting and not had a clue as to what all that stuff was.
Now I can look at it and know what everything is and actually know how it all goes together!

15"L x 6"H x 2"D
That's a good size should hold everything nicely with room to spare.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 34 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 74.1%
  • Unsure

Votes: 25 11.0%
Back