Saldarya's 220g Mixed Reef

Saldarya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening all, thought I would share my lil peice of the reef.

The tank is 220g, has been set up for about 18 months but I have just started adding fish and corals about 8 months ago. The plan is a true mixed reef.

I am in the midst of some lighting changes, so the current is as follows. The left side is lit by AI LED Modules, the center and right are lit by one of the chinese brand LED 120w fixtures that are sold under different needs. They were alright to start with, but as I began to try different systems, I settled on the AI. 2 more modules will be in next week and I will continue until I have 6 across the tank. THere are also 2-60" Aquablue T5's that will probably come off once I get all the AI's on there.

About 125# of rock, 75# of Marco Rock and 50# of Bali Alor.

Various coral as you can see, the fish are all anthias plus a Red Velvet Wrasee and a pair of redstripe Gobies and the pistol shrimp.

Here are some pics!

FTS
220Gtank026-1.jpg

Left
220Gtank031-2.jpg

Center
220Gtank032-2.jpg

Right
220Gtank033-1.jpg

Here are some close up sof the left side with the AI's on. This color is more representative of the actual color.

220Gtank003-1.jpg

220Gtank004-2.jpg

Well, thanks for looking!!

Bobby

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great, off to a good start man. How do you like that Velvet wrasse? They are pretty fish, but I've read they can be aggressive, but maybe just towards other wrasses. I love that rock work you have going on the right side, should give you a cool place for some SPS and a nice area for some colorful softies at the bottom.

OP
OP
S

Saldarya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the nice comment, I do like the 'scape..

For fun, here is my last tank...

002.jpg

Just looking to do something a bit different

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let's see a list of the anthias. :) :)

also, I moved it to the big boy's tank forum. :wink:

OP
OP
S

Saldarya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see...

Bartletts: 2 male and 1 female (1 changed on me!)
Randalls: 1 male and 2 female
Tiger Queen (p. Lori): 1 male 1 female
Red Stripe (p. Fasciatus): 1 male, in QT atm...he may get to big and aggresive for this tank.
Pictilis (p. Pictilis): 1 male 1 female, in QT atm and doing well. I need to do an update on these in the fish section.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! That Gorgonian is huge, how long have you had it for? I haven't ever had any success with them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great reef my friend! Looks awesome!

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank. What kind of tank is it? What are the dimensions?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that pic of your old tank, looks like you had some nice stuff in there and some large colonies. Are you not going SPS this time?

OP
OP
S

Saldarya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! That Gorgonian is huge, how long have you had it for? I haven't ever had any success with them.

Thanks for the comments, the Gorg has been in a tank for a very logn time and recently moved to this one. I feel good about it. It doesnt get directly fed but with teh small foods the anthias get I am sure it grabs some of it.

I like that pic of your old tank, looks like you had some nice stuff in there and some large colonies. Are you not going SPS this time?

I will have SPS on the top portions of the Scape, just waiting till I get the lighting change completed, THe pieces you see in there were kinda test pieces, I can tell alot about the chemistry based on the SPS reaction.

Very nice tank. What kind of tank is it? What are the dimensions?

Tanks is 215-220g, it si 6x2x30". It is a basic Marineland tank, nothing fancy...

Thanks all for the comments.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank, I love how there is so much room for your fish to swim and for your acros to grow!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back