Sales Every Week

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it me or have there been alot of sales lately on map items? It used to be MAP branded items only went on sale for black Friday if we were lucky but lately it seems to almost be a weekly thing. Just an observation.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it me or have there been alot of sales lately on map items? It used to be MAP branded items only went on sale for black Friday if we were lucky but lately it seems to almost be a weekly thing. Just an observation.
It has been going on most of 2023. Some items that only go on sale on BF have already been on sale 1 or 2 times. I'm hearing others say the hobby is in decline due to the economy and people going back to a more normal lifestyle. If the fragswap headcount is any indication then my area has really dropped off. We had a frag swap this past weekend and I bet the headcount was under 50 for the entire day. I really felt sorry for the vendors, they weren't selling anything. It was good for me because I picked up what I felt like were some great deals. As one vendor told me, he was selling some things under what he paid for them to just get some cash flow so the cost of the booth would be covered.

Also look at all the live sales. There seems to be at least 2 every weekend and they aren't selling near as many corals in them as they used to. I expect them to slow down soon due to lack of sales, unless you are one of the big boys on here that people seem to not mind paying the higher prices. One vendor told me he was stopping because he said he wasn't making any money after taking into account the cost associated with putting on the live sale.

OP
OP
fishybizzness

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe the prices have peaked and they will start to steadily go down. I make 6 figures and I wouldn't pay hundreds for a 3/4" frag of anything but then again I'm not a collector, I'm a hobbyist. I think all corals are beautiful. I just don't understand how people can afford the prices I see advertised!

OP
OP
fishybizzness

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I see that the black Friday sales have started. Up to 25 % off on some of the highest end brands! Definitely not normal for these items to be on sale this often. I Definitely believe that items are staying on the shelves more than being sold. Maybe companies are realizing that prices have surpassed average peoples ability to afford them. It's hard for a company to try and justify the need for high prices needed to turn a profit one minute and then cut prices by 25% a few months later. Even at 25% off they will still make a healthy profit. Hopefully things change in the future.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back