Salifert testing

BudgetR33f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into buying test kits for the new 10g frag tank im setting up and can’t afford the Hannah checkers. I was going to order salifert kits but the reviews on amazon had mixed results with some saying it worked great and others saying it didn’t work at all/wasn’t accurate. Can anybody share their personal experience?

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use them. They work fine if you have a decent eye for colors for no3 and po4. The car and mg titration tests are pretty straightforward. Just have to read the instructions (for each kit individually) carefully as some of the wording is tricky imo and may be where people go wrong. Idk. They work

ReeferFive-0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Salifert for alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium. Hanna checkers are absolutely worth it for nitrate and phosphate. I would save up for them and and buy when finances allow. I put off buying them for way too long, as they make testing these parameters so much easier.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use Salifert for alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium. Hanna checkers are absolutely worth it for nitrate and phosphate. I would save up for them and and buy when finances allow. I put off buying them for way too long, as they make testing these parameters so much easier.

This is exactly what I do. I actually use my Salifert to calibrate my Trident. When my Trident NP shows up, I will use the Hanna for calibrating those.

@BudgetR33f you only need Ammonia and Nitrate at this point.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back