Saltwater & Brackish dual mixing station in basement complete

thedraque

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I wanted to share my mixing station that I just completed. Its not the most sophisticated or nice looking thing ever certainly, but i have never worked with PVC before and it was a learning curve. Up until now we have just been making RODI into a Brute in the fish room then mixing salt and performing water changes, so this is a huge QoL upgrade for us and keeps the fish room alot cleaner looking

We have a large unfinished basement so i didnt have to worry much about any space constraints, the main issue was figuring out how to quickly pump water up about 18 feet to the tanks so i needed a strong pump. I used two 55 gallon brutes and an old donated 70 gallon Rubbermaid trough. My AQUAFX Octopus is plumbed to an old shower and theres a float valve in the trough. Its all plumbed with 1 1/2" pvc to a Reeflo Hammerhead pump and I have some corrugated pond tubing to pump the water upstairs

20210414_224701.jpg
20210414_224716.jpg
20210414_224727.jpg

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup man! How do you like that Rodi unit? I just bought a aquafx unit.

OP
OP
thedraque

thedraque

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup man! How do you like that Rodi unit? I just bought a aquafx unit.
Love it. Its my second AquaFX, we moved from city water to a well system so i needed a unit with a booster pump. I had a Barracuda then we upgraded to this Octopus its great. Its rated for 200 GPD but the water is cold right now so its making about 140 GPD

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. Its my second AquaFX, we moved from city water to a well system so i needed a unit with a booster pump. I had a Barracuda then we upgraded to this Octopus its great. Its rated for 200 GPD but the water is cold right now so its making about 140 GPD
Awesome! I just bought the octopus unit it’s also 200gpd this is a beast!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back