SaltwaterandLime's epic adhd build thread....

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is taller than me!!

1000021795.jpg

1000021793.jpg

1000021796.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking we are going to try some things we've never done before in this new CADE system. I really like the look of the white glass on the bottom so probably going to go barebottom on this tank. Also might include a refugium which I've never done before.

Which all sounds crazy in theory since I also have two other very new tanks that aren't exactly stable yet either but why not!?

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some PAR readings of the IM 150 this weekend and was kind of surprised by the results. For some reason I assumed things would be much higher but the highest point of the rockwork is only at 300 par at the highest point of the day.

now I'm even more curious about why my Oregon tort bleached out last week.

My phosphates are still too low while my nitrates are too high.

1000021853.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a second kessil extension bar for the 50g anemone tank. First time since I set this tank up that the light has actually been in the center of the tank. Finally got rid of the weird shadows I was getting from the light being directly over the returns.

1000022003.jpg

This tank is also struggling with a serious case of LARS (lazy butt reefer syndrome). I do automatic water changes on this tank so I'm never stirring up the sand bed and obviously I need to. I let it go for a while thinking it would balance itself out but it's gotten to the point I need to do something. I wonder if I can add a conch or something to help out in between cleanings.

1000022002.jpg

This week not much has really gotten done on any of the tanks. Had to have Austin take me to the emergency room in the middle of the night Wednesday with severe abdominal pain. Turns out I've got a 6mm kidney stone that I still need to pass. I'm home now with lots of good meds and trying to drink as much water as possible, but still kinda hurting too much to be very productive.

1000021905.jpg

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a second kessil extension bar for the 50g anemone tank. First time since I set this tank up that the light has actually been in the center of the tank. Finally got rid of the weird shadows I was getting from the light being directly over the returns.

1000022003.jpg

This tank is also struggling with a serious case of LARS (lazy butt reefer syndrome). I do automatic water changes on this tank so I'm never stirring up the sand bed and obviously I need to. I let it go for a while thinking it would balance itself out but it's gotten to the point I need to do something. I wonder if I can add a conch or something to help out in between cleanings.

1000022002.jpg

This week not much has really gotten done on any of the tanks. Had to have Austin take me to the emergency room in the middle of the night Wednesday with severe abdominal pain. Turns out I've got a 6mm kidney stone that I still need to pass. I'm home now with lots of good meds and trying to drink as much water as possible, but still kinda hurting too much to be very productive.

1000021905.jpg
Drink 8oz of concentrated lemon juice. It will help the stone pass. I would do it every 8 hrs if you can.
It helps to disolve the sharp edges and the stone passes much easier.
I drink it once a month as it helps dislove the stones long term.
Have not had one in 5 years.

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drink 8oz of concentrated lemon juice. It will help the stone pass. I would do it every 8 hrs if you can.
It helps to disolve the sharp edges and the stone passes much easier.
I drink it once a month as it helps dislove the stones long term.
Have not had one in 5 years.
I've been drinking water with a bit of lemon juice added to it, but not the straight lemon juice.... I'm not sure I could so that..

This is my first experience with them and its awful

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would vote conch, and some cerith snails, trocus, Asternia snails.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back