Saltwaterfish.com charges a 20% restocking fee even if you attempt to cancel your order within minutes of placing it.

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up.

I placed an order and immediately went to cancel it within 10 minutes after some further research on livestock compatibility.

They insisted on charging a 20% "restocking fee" even though the order hadn't been processed.

I said I didn't think that was appropriate and that they should waive it, and they said that's policy and I can replace the livestock with something else.

I pressed again and said I've done business with them over liveaquaria in the past and I really think they should waive this considering the circumstances.

They insisted, so I used my nuclear launch code - aka - I told them I'm calling up my CC immediately and issuing a dispute - only then did they escalate and resolve the situation.

Ultimately Saltwaterfish.com did the right thing here - and you don't ever punish people for doing what you want them to do - but I do think the experience needs to be shared with other hobbyists.

I'm glad we didn't have to go with the nuclear option to get this resolved.

Just be wary.

HorribleParameters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to understand their reasoning, but I can’t wrap my head around why they’d be so stringent on that “policy”. Especially in your situation having cancelled within 10 minutes of the order, not to mention for a repeat customer. Keep the customer happy, they will come back if they appreciate the service. They will make much more money from you and others in the future with good service. This is a bad look.

On the other hand, I had an excellent experience with saltwaterfish.com the first and only time I ordered from them. I had a Choat wrasse, ruby long finned fairy wrasse, mccoskers flasher, and two bangaii cardinals come in my first order from them. All arrived alive and healthy and are still doing well a month later.

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy if you use store credit and have a death they don't reissue your credit unless Im reading it wrong
  1. We will review your submission and issue the appropriate refund or credit usually within 3 business days and you will receive an email when that occurs. Please note that we do not re-issue credits for product purchased with store credit. If you place an order that is paid for using both store credits and cash, the system will calculate the percentage of the Marine Life order that was purchased with cash and apply that percentage for any animals that do not live during the 8 day guarantee. For instance, if a $100 Marine Life purchase is made with $90 cash and a $10 credit, you will be entitled to 90% of the value of any livestock that does not stay alive during the 8 day guarantee period in store credit. We apologize in advance that we do not re-issue store credits.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t deal with them anymore, too many DOA’s that to replace cost more in shipping fees than the fish were worth …
I get the gist and spirit of the policy as people can be scammers/abusive but non. refundable “stocking fees” and repeat shipping charges for DOAs is bunk

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back