**Saturday Spotlight: Rock Flower Anemones (RFAs)!!** Huge Selection!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Corals.com

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 1.45.21 PM.png
Hey Reefers! Lets talk Rock Flower Anemones! (RFAs)

Rock Flower Anemones, or RFAs as they are commonly referred to as, are one of the most popular Anemones in the hobby! Their beautiful, various colorations and patterns make for an amazing addition to almost any type of reef tank! Their huge circular centers and mouths are surrounded by tons of fuzzy, flowing tentacles, that look just like petals on a flower!

RFAs come from a more local place than you might imagine! Unlike other Anemones and Corals that are usually from the Southern Hemisphere halfway across the globe, most RFAs are from the warm, tropical waters of Florida and the Caribbean! They come in so many beautiful colors of reds, greens, striking pinks, yellows, and golds! Usually combining together to form stunning patterns and an awesome Anemone!

One of the things that makes RFAs so popular is their care! They are just about the easiest anemone to care for in the hobby and extremely hardy. Low maintenance and a wide range of requirements make them perfect for any Reefer or reef tank! We keep our rock flowers under moderate light and moderate flow, but they adapt well to almost any setup. Their striking colors really POP under full actinic lighting! Check out a video of ours in stock below!

We spot feed our RFAs a mixture of mysis and brine shrimp weekly that they love to open up and consume! One of the coolest things about RFAs is their reproduction! They do not reproduce asexually like other anemones. They actually go through spawning events in which baby RFAs are sexually reproduced! We were lucky enough to have one of these events occur a few years ago here at the shop! Check it our HERE!

While most anemones, like carpets or bubble tips, tend to move around the tank until finding a spot they like. RFAs are not fussy when it comes to placement. The majority of the time they like to stay put wherever they are placed! Which makes planning for their placement in your tank fun and easy! Just allow them to attach to some loose substrate, and put them almost wherever! Which makes for some amazing RFA gardens!

Rock Flower Anemones are truly one of the coolest additions you can make to a reef tank, and something we highly recommend! There are dozens of really great articles about the ins and outs of RFAs, HERE at Reefbuilders, where you can learn even more about these unique Anemones!

We have tons of RFAs available right now on our website! Down below are highlights of some of our favorites! Click any of them to shop instantly, we hope you enjoy and have a great weekend!
IMG_3009.jpg
IMG_3001.JPG
IMG_2999.JPG

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back