SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 10, Members: 3, Guests: 7)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Working on that in tank brine shrimp hatcher.
20240428_005522.jpg
20240428_005529.jpg
20240428_005537.jpg
20240428_005543.jpg

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Billy. Current plan is:

Pump tank water into 275 tote
I also have a 55 gal drum I can put some live rock in if needed.
Totes with heated water for fish. Or I may bag them up since it’s only a 1 hour drive and then transfer to another tank when I get home
Totes for live rock

Tank will go on several blankets in the back of my truck. Water tote, drum, and tank stand will be on a trailer.

Fish and tank equipment goes inside the truck.

Once I get everything set back up, I will transfer current corals from 40 gal into the 180.

Oh and I’m planning to sell one of the sail fin tangs, the CBB, damsels, and clowns.

I have a CBB, frog fish angler, filefish, 2 box fish, 2 glacier freeze clowns, clown tang, and fairy wrasse that will go into the 180 from my
75 gal FOWLR.
Since you have a week to plan I would suggest:

Clear the space where the tank will be going and check for level. The stand will be different but at least you will know what to expect. Plan your entry and path with the larger tank. You don't know what their place looks like but you can save frustration at yours.

Make up enough fresh saltwater to fill the new tank (if possible) or as much as you can keep on hand. Even if planning to use the current tank water you are going to lose some. I would not reuse the water you transfer the rock in as the moving process will loosen up old detritus and other nasties. Better to have and not need.

Sort out where you will draw power from and how you will distribute all the plugs. You said it comes with all the equipment. Get details and a plug count and then double it.

Line up reliable people to help you and plan for a long day. This will take you longer than you might anticipate.

Throw existing sand away. It doesn't hold as much bacteria and will be dirty anyway. If you are intent on reusing this sand use the old tank water to rinse it before adding back.

Have plenty of towels at the ready. Then get more.

Fish can be bagged and put in a cooler inside the truck. This will help with temperature. Even if the fish are last to be removed they will still be bagged up for many hours. Use larger bags. Where are these fish going when they get to your house? If you have a holding/QT tank I suggest sending someone back with the fish while you finish breaking down and packing up the rest.

Have extra plumbing parts on hand and bring tools with you to cut plumbing if needed. Ask for pictures of the current plumbing to see how difficult it will be to break down and if it can be reused. Take pictures yourself before braking it down so you can put it back together when you get home.

Try to remember that this is a hobby and should be enjoyable. This task won't be but the ends will justify the means.

Good luck and congratulations.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back