SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 23, Members: 15, Guests: 8)

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great advice. Thanks! Notes taken and will be working on planning that out this week. I’m hoping my LFS can hold all the fish for me until I get it set back up. Going to speak with them about that on Tuesday when the owner is there.

Would I be better off just using all new water instead of trying to reuse some of the existing?
Water doesn't hold much of the good things you want anyway so I would just add new. Only real benefit is a time/cost savings. Biome and bacteria come from the rocks and other surfaces in the system.

By starting with new water you can start with a clean slate. You will likely see a mini cycle or at least elevated ammonia/nitrate due to some die off that is inevitable in a tank move. You will be doing regular water changes anyway so easier to have a bunch on hand.

Definitely use the old water for rinsing rocks and scrubbing plumbing parts.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snails hide during day and meander at night. Zoa wouldn't get enough light in my tank at least.

SBB Agent Orange
1000033040.jpg

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine always goes for expensive frags, leaves the 5 dollar zoas alone. Right now has some acans attached

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just figured out why my Duncan has good days, looks like a giant torch, and bad days looks like an odd wiffle ball. Apparently, if I don't feed my fox face enough nori .. he nibbles the Duncan.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just figured out why my Duncan has good days, looks like a giant torch, and bad days looks like an odd wiffle ball. Apparently, if I don't feed my fox face enough nori .. he nibbles the Duncan.
just had to rehome a fox face for that same reason, except my took a liking for RFAs he tore up 3 of them in just a few days :loudly-crying-face:
RFAs didnt make it..

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate hearing that, I really do like mine. He's the sheriff of the tank.
oh i hated getting rid of mine honestly, he had been there for almost 7 months, was one of the first additions and never touched anything and out of nowhere he went rogue, i doubled on my feeding but i guess the RFAs were tastier
Food Eating GIF by Adult Swim

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back