SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 17, Members: 12, Guests: 5)

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just had to rehome a fox face for that same reason, except my took a liking for RFAs he tore up 3 of them in just a few days :loudly-crying-face:
RFAs didnt make it..
I've got two foxface in my tank, don't tell me that :'( I'd toss them outside if they ate my torches.

Ps. What type of foxface?

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two foxface in my tank, don't tell me that :'( I'd toss them outside if they ate my torches.

Ps. What type of foxface?
one spot Foxface (Siganus unimaculatus)
just watch him close i seen a lot of people keep em with little to no issues. i guess mine just got curious and liked what he tasted lol

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
oh i hated getting rid of mine honestly, he had been there for almost 7 months, was one of the first additions and never touched anything and out of nowhere he went rogue, i doubled on my feeding but i guess the RFAs were tastier
Food Eating GIF by Adult Swim
He hasn't shown interest in anything but the Duncan luckily. Loves bubble algae so I don't have to worry about it except in places he doesn't like. The weir of the overflow and a few others.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He hasn't shown interest in anything but the Duncan luckily. Loves bubble algae so I don't have to worry about it except in places he doesn't like. The weir of the overflow and a few others.
mine would tear anything up but green nori. it had to be red or he would not touch the clip, picky ******* lol
id still keep an eye on him, i also had some zoas close up from time to time and die, i wondered if that was him doing it too

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
mine would tear anything up but green nori. it had to be red or he would not touch the clip, picky ******* lol
id still keep an eye on him, i also had some zoas close up from time to time and die, i wondered if that was him doing it too
LOL funny to hear that, mine eats the green and brown but also LOVES the red. As in guards the feeder till he finishes it.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL funny to hear that, mine eats the green and brown but also LOVES the red. As in guards the feeder till he finishes it.
I roll red nori in green nori... makes the fish pick at both. I haven't seen if they have a preference as both clips get cleaned.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I got one of these too works great and super easy. You thought of gut loading and growing them out a bit? I thought about it but decided it was too much work
I have before, I used a 2 liter bottle but it was before my 3D printer. I might do it again and design a spigot and airline to make it a cleaner design.

But yes, this is an easy way of collecting them as they hatch. Scoop them out pause the pumps and add them to the tank. Done it twice today already.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back