SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 15, Members: 10, Guests: 5)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
measuring par today for the 1st time. I hope I don't screw it up
Nothing to mess up, just get the readings and
Shooting Star GIF

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Point meter up towards the light, write down number, repeat.

The real trick is if you want to do it during your ramp too and over how many points. You cna end up with a lot of numbers.
Go toward the light. I'm planning to measure morning, peak, and afternoon

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone! Feeling a little left out since I’m not in the buying mode right now, so took a video of the tank to share. Everything is growing out well. There are 12 fish, but the PB seems to be the only one that doesn’t hide when the camera is out. The rest are in the shadows. The bigger Acro colony’s are from other vendors, but most of the frags and mini colonies are SBB. Thinking of building another structure on the left side to house the frags still on the rack. Enjoy.

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone running uv full time?
I added one about a month ago. It's oversized for my tank, so I've turned it off a couple times when it was hot inside because I had all the windows open. It's running at a flow rate that should take care of parasites and things like that. What's your question?

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added one about a month ago. It's oversized for my tank, so I've turned it off a couple times when it was hot inside because I had all the windows open. It's running at a flow rate that should take care of parasites and things like that. What's your question?
I’ve run UV full time ever since I started my current tank. New bulbs every 6-8 months. Have never had I problem with it.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eek basically on verge of ULNS.... Upped nitrate dosing.

Closer to on track with stick consumption of calcium. Tweaked that doser as well.

1715182425164.png

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Basically is it worth the effort to either add to the plumbing, like cut into and add new pvc or basically create a new route from sump into display. The only issue I had was the lines into the uv are basically held in with pressure by a slightly smaller circumfrance pipe. I don't trust it lol

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back