SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe when it comes to acro bacteria consumption, the quality doesn’t matter so much.
I'm curious if the bacteria itself doesn't matter and it's just the breakdown of all the foods or, if the type of bacteria (non-pathogenic) isn't important, just the fact there's a surplus of bacteria or nutrition in this form for the coral to consume.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we got another facelift

1715963769639.png
faceoff-4.jpg

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if the bacteria itself doesn't matter and it's just the breakdown of all the foods or, if the type of bacteria (non-pathogenic) isn't important, just the fact there's a surplus of bacteria or nutrition in this form for the coral to consume.
fwiw- I’m seeing positive results just dosing dr Tim’s eco balance by itself so I’m in the camp of surplus of bacteria. that said I do want to try the concoction.

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else interesting to note, my buddy's second tank, little red sea reefer AIO been battling dinos, dosed some of my concotion and said they've gone away (unsure if entirely or reduced). I suppose introducing bacteria with a healthy amount of food would be like jump starting a tank against dinos. That batch was with biodigest.

Be an interesting finding - the concotion is the solution to dinos, if it is, as that's a significantly bigger issue to reefers than us minority acroheads trying to squeek every ounce of color and growth out of already healthy growing and colorful coral.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else interesting to note, my buddy's second tank, little red sea reefer AIO been battling dinos, dosed some of my concotion and said they've gone away (unsure if entirely or reduced). I suppose introducing bacteria with a healthy amount of food would be like jump starting a tank against dinos. That batch was with biodigest.

Be an interesting finding - the concotion is the solution to dinos, if it is, as that's a significantly bigger issue to reefers than us minority acroheads trying to squeek every ounce of color and growth out of already healthy growing and colorful coral.
Did the concoction have silicate in it?

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the concoction have silicate in it?
It shouldn't outside of whatever trace is in fuel or roids. My thinking was the bacteria never gets a chance cause dinos consume whatever residual nutes ate available. The concentration of bacteria and food from thr concotion enables the bacteria to take a foothold and outcompete dinos.

I don't know much about dinos other than the extremes people go through to get rid of them. Bassically just talkin out my butt right now

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Makes sense to me as raising nutrients is a fix.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Attachments

• 20240509_161306.jpg
    20240509_161306.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 17
Back