SBox Metal Light Stand Metal Clamps in Water

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too stoked aboit the steel clamps that hold the light are about 3/8” deep into the water in my frag tank... Im a machinist and I know this is not going to last very long before it rusts and leeches into tank... Can anyone gove me aome advice? I read in a few places that the owner has new aluminum clamps. Is this true?
IMG_2091.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2094.JPG

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep posting in the wrong discussion rooms... I keep forgetting to change room name. Can someone please put this in the proper discussion room? Sorry!

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep posting in the wrong discussion rooms... I keep forgetting to change room name. Can someone please put this in the proper discussion room? Sorry!
Did you get a hanging kit with it? Can you hang it instead of using the legs?

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea, you can hang those. Mount some boards under the cabinet that stick out and hang from the boards. It might be in the way a little, but as long as you can still open the doors it'll be fine

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea, you can hang those. Mount some boards under the cabinet that stick out and hang from the boards. It might be in the way a little, but as long as you can still open the doors it'll be fine

My wife would &@!? herself if I did that... Shes already not too stoked its taking up the whole sink area... hahahahaha! Thats my last resort... thanks for the idea... didnt even think about that.

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would &@!? herself if I did that... Shes already not too stoked its taking up the whole sink area... hahahahaha! Thats my last resort... thanks for the idea... didnt even think about that.
Buy a small/cheap TV wall mount. You can mount directly to a stud behind the tank or bottom of a cabinet. Any of the telescoping ones will let you move it out of the way for maintenance.

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out how to do that now... I contacted SB Reef... guy I talked to swore up and down that the new brackets are aluminum... I told him magnets dont stick to aluminum bro! So waiting for Mike to call me back to see if they have anymore aluminum brackets. I could put a piece of plastic in between the bracket and take too...

rosshamsandwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBREEFlights is the biggest fraud company you will ever meet. It's lipstick on a pig. Time and time again I see customers get bamboozled into buying these repackaged Chinese Black Boxes and paying a premium for this garbage... They don't honor their warranties, they take forever to get back to you when you have issues, and they keep saying they sell thousands and thousands of these products so that's why it takes so long. It's just excuse after excuse after excuse. On top of that the prices are so high, that it makes more sense to pay a little more for a kessil or ai or ecotech radion, at least these companies honor their warranties and have excellent customer service. #NEVERAGAIN

OP
OP
PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBREEFlights is the biggest fraud company you will ever meet. It's lipstick on a pig. Time and time again I see customers get bamboozled into buying these repackaged Chinese Black Boxes and paying a premium for this garbage... They don't honor their warranties, they take forever to get back to you when you have issues, and they keep saying they sell thousands and thousands of these products so that's why it takes so long. It's just excuse after excuse after excuse. On top of that the prices are so high, that it makes more sense to pay a little more for a kessil or ai or ecotech radion, at least these companies honor their warranties and have excellent customer service. #NEVERAGAIN

WONDERFUL!!! They never pick up the phones. I keep calling, but no one ever picks up... sucks! I was actually stoked about the light, but now im just ticked

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a basic 16" and I love it. I have a freshwater 32" and it came damaged.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WONDERFUL!!! They never pick up the phones. I keep calling, but no one ever picks up... sucks! I was actually stoked about the light, but now im just ******
There is nothing wrong with the light..... Trust me, I currently have 10 of them in use. Not SB specifically, but black boxes in general. They grow colorful healthy coral just fine...

I used aluminum u channel to hang my lights under cabinets on one of my grow tanks years ago. Honestly a little iron in your frag tank wont hurt anything as long as you keep up on WC's. I'd be more worried about aluminum in concentration than iron.

SlvrZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the amount of money he as a customer spent on this light, he shouldn't have to diy the thing. this light isn't cheap folks....
But as a machinest, making parts fit is second nature and usually having powdercoaters or anodizers is a phone call away...or sometimes in the next department. It would look much cleaner than the other DIY ways.

Aftermarket parts only fit in the box they came in, after that you have to modify it to make it fit the race cars. Guess its the fabricator in me that doesn't seem fazed since modifying thousand dollar parts to safely work.

Back