Scarface, Untouchables, and Godfather difference?

wedrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who know how the Scarface, Untouchables, and Godfather Palythoas differ (beside their prices of course)? They all look the same to me.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all appear to be similar polyps, with the godfather & scarface looking the most alike. The untouchables appear to be a brighter orange with less black subduing them, but I'm not sure how much of that can be attributed to lighting. I have the SC Untouchables and a similar polyp from my LFS, but don't personally own the godfather or scarface palys so I can't say how different/alike they are in person.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak for the Godfather polyp...but the main difference between the scarface (true scarface that is) and the untouchable is the size of the polyp and the hue of yellow. The scarface is a giant polyp (if its a true one) and has a deeper rust-orange color to it and a constant very very fine speckling pattern, where the untouchable is a very bright gold color with a black ring in the center and similar fine speckling.

The main difference is the color and the size. Untouchable is a smaller polyp and the scarface is a very large polyp.

jaypainter24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be another BOWSER thread. As in whats the difference between Bowsers and Candy Apples

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above. The Untouchables and Scarface are just morphs of one another. I have both. The size of the polyp is variable depending on conditions. I find with less flow the polyps get bigger. The Untouchables are a brighter gold color and the skirt coloration is a little different. I haven't heard of the Godfather or seen what they look like but I love all the gangster movie themed zoas! :)

OP
OP
wedrick

wedrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I am very enlightened. If am able to morph one of them (ofcourse after acquiring any of each) into something spectacular, I will name it Goodfellas, Carlito's Way, or Donnie Brasco.

Gitsoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak for the Godfather polyp...but the main difference between the scarface (true scarface that is) and the untouchable is the size of the polyp and the hue of yellow. The scarface is a giant polyp (if its a true one) and has a deeper rust-orange color to it and a constant very very fine speckling pattern, where the untouchable is a very bright gold color with a black ring in the center and similar fine speckling.

The main difference is the color and the size. Untouchable is a smaller polyp and the scarface is a very large polyp.

+1
I have some true scarface and SC untouchables from mike, the scarface are bigger with a deeper orange -ish color with a brighter surrounding skirt, the untouchables are a more yellow color, with a black pattern also the babies I have noticed grow in with hint of green, both seem like a hardy zoa.

hbboarder87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above. The Untouchables and Scarface are just morphs of one another. I have both. The size of the polyp is variable depending on conditions. I find with less flow the polyps get bigger. The Untouchables are a brighter gold color and the skirt coloration is a little different. I haven't heard of the Godfather or seen what they look like but I love all the gangster movie themed zoas! :)

this. I had my red hornets under three different lights and they took on three different shades/shapes/sizes Zoaid has become SUCH a joke. There are at least 4 eye of rah pics with different names. Same thing is happening with darth mauls, CAR, even eagle eyes!!

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goldenbasket is sellingtons of these morphs and you can pick them up pretty cheap. Don't get caught up in the name hype, they are all morphs of the same.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back