Schooling Fish? - Coolest (Peaceful & Easy)

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1575998193372.jpeg
Strip one

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 now and I love them. Price and availability I suspect is why they aren't more popular. And perhaps the word damsel in their name...
I have 9 and would add more if I could find them. They may have 'damsel' in the name but so do many other small fish Talbots, Yellow tailed, Blue, to name three, Chromis, if you look on here and other sites get terrible press yet they are readily available.

Price? I don't know what they go for in the US but in the UK mine were about a third of the cost of a Lyretailed Anthias and slightly more than a 'standard' Chrysiptera or Pomacentrus damsel.

I understand they are not particularly rare in the wild. I have access to a number of import lists from various exporters and I have never seen them on any list, they seem to arrive as 'box fillers'. In the past I have contacted a number of UK importers to request them and in 9 years none have ever arrived.

I suppose it begs the question is the supply chain so conservative that 'new' fish especially those which need time to settle before they display their colours, just don't make it onto any lists or are we as end buyers not willing to buy something 'unusual' in case it could be a 'problem'.

It makes you wonder what other gems may be out there we are missing

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these, the only issue with keeping a group is their adult size (8" -10") even a small group would outgrow the largest tank.
You can get the @2 in each an they’ll stay small for a long time

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back