Scopas tang I was quaranting now chunks of flesh coming out his body. Any idea what it is? HLLE? Thanks a bunch

Mowen44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thumbnail_imag14e0.jpg
thumbnail_image1455.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Appears to be hlle with infection. The issue is, it can be hlle only or hlle with scratching due to flukes.
How is fish breathing - Normal or labored?
Is fish eating?
HLLE is often caused by poor water quality, high use of carbon, poor water quality (elevated nitrate and ammonia) and inadequate/poor diet. It is not life threating in any way but offers secondary infection in some cases.
Maintaining GOOD water quality and diet are often the fixes and with severe cases, some healing.
Some foods to feed tang are :
LRS herbivore diet
Formula 2 flake and frozen
TDO Pellets
small plankton
Hikari Marine cuisine
Ocean nutrition veggie diet
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
Prime reef
Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also thought HLLE at first, but the lesion on its left side looks red and inflamed. HLLE sometimes becomes infected, but it is pretty rare. Can we have more history on this fish?

Jay

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back