• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SC's Ultimate Chalice Growout

xxbrianxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha it's all good. Yea...I mean just quick text updates every few weeks or so would be enough for me. I don't even really need pictures lol (they are nice though occasionally).

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I can't blame anyone that's discouraged... His profile shows that he last signed on 08/03/11 and that he made multiple posts 07/29/11 - 07/30/11, yet nothing here for us.
I haven't received a reply to the PM I sent him several weeks ago either.

xxbrianxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone get a response? I'm getting pretty worried now....I would assume most people check their phones at least once a day.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok what do we do now?! I assume no one has heard back from Brian yet? And I wonder why I rarely trust anyone anymore!!?? Oh well. I guess he has a nice tank full of cool corals. YOUR WELCOME! There is a lot more I would like to say but I'm too pi**ed right now and this is a clean board so I will hold my tongue..........

xxbrianxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SD Actuary would it be possible to give him a visit and see how the corals are doing? I know it might be a bit rude to show up unannounced....but this is getting kinda serious. I'm sure you're worried about your corals too.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am "somewhat" worried, but since I have known him, I have witnessed his reef keeping abilities to be pretty darn good, I am not worried about the quality of the corals, but more worried about why he is so busy. I will see if I can sneak by tomorrow sometime. I will let you all know.

xxbrianxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks SD for the good news. But I'm curious as to why he didn't respond to the numerous pm's and texts?

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be heading over to Brian's on monday for some updates!

Thanks for once again doing this. That's good news! You sure you don't want to just pick them up from him and complete the grow out for us? LOL!! J/K! Thanks again,

Dave

xxbrianxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys do know that he's the grower in a growout I'm in right?

and?
Am I the only one who wants an explanation? I have no doubt Brian's a good guy but I'd rather not do this once a month just to get an update. And then SD has to take extra pictures and post em (thanks again btw). Just want to find out what the problem is so we can proceed with the growout.

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growing is a big responsiblity but once you can't handle it or make updates, it's time for one of the others from the group to step up and take over. Sometimes life around us can get hectic and overwhelming so it's understandable. I hope you guys get it figured out and your issues fixed. I'll be following your growout and rooting you along. Good luck guys.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before this gets out of hand, let me say I have full confidence in Brian as a grower. I believe he knows what he is doing. It's all the other stuff that goes along with being the grower that I have doubts about. A once a month update is not asking too much. We don't even get that FROM HIM! SD has been doing that and he shouldn't have to. He is not the grower and it's not his responsibility. I was JOKING when I said that he could do it for us. I know he has another growout going right now and I don't want to take his responsibility from that. If I didn't travel so much with my job I would be happy to take on the growout if that's what everyone wanted. I just know I don't have the time to devote to it myself so I know I wouldn't ask the others in the group to trust me to do it. I know that things happen from time to time that we can not control. I think this is what has happened to Brian. I hope whatever it is gets better for him. I think that if someone else can step up to the plate and take it over it would be beneficial to everyone involved right now. I can't so I am just frustrated. I hope everyone understands where I'm coming from. I am not trying to put down Brian or anything. I do wish there was a little more communication and honesty from him though.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not get a hold of Brian today, i was supposed to go by his place this evening to take pictures but he never got back to me....will try again one day this week when he responds.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 106 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back