Seachem test kits

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two saltwater tanks, one is over a year old, the other is maybe 6 months. I’ve been having issues with a new bubble tip, so I took water to the store for testing. The use seachem kits, it showed nitrite in both tanks. I did purchase one to monitor at home, and got the same results. Are the kits reliable? I’ve never used one so have no experience with them. Or do both of my tanks have nitrite? This is the result, the same
For both tanks. The clear one is the control.

IMG_2907.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two saltwater tanks, one is over a year old, the other is maybe 6 months. I’ve been having issues with a new bubble tip, so I took water to the store for testing. The use seachem kits, it showed nitrite in both tanks. I did purchase one to monitor at home, and got the same results. Are the kits reliable? I’ve never used one so have no experience with them. Or do both of my tanks have nitrite? This is the result, the same

IMG_2907.jpeg
Yes, it is possible to:have a little nitrite in your systems but I’m sure this has anything to do with your issue.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These kits not accurate at all, they can’t measure fine enough and usually can only go so low, then they stop.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back