Seductions. what kind of growth rate are you getting?

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My seductions are awesome!! By far my favorite pe and I am also getting great growth out of them. I bought 4 polyps and now have 9 in less than 2 months. Is that good or is this the norm?

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seductions?????..... IMO very very slow growers. Maybe 2 polyp a month. Some of my frags get only 1 polyp a month!!!! I get good growth like yours out of my Blue Agave PE tho.

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seductions?????..... IMO very very slow growers. Maybe 2 polyp a month. Some of my frags get only 1 polyp a month!!!! I get good growth like yours out of my Blue Agave PE tho.
Lol that's weird. My blue agaves grow slow. They are about to push out one baby but I got them both from zc at the same time. Just wondering why they are so expensive when they grow so fast but I guess its not the case for everyone. Still insane looking!

shawy2510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Different conditions will affect the rate of growth so something that grows well in my tank may not grow in your tank or likewise something thats grows well in your tank does not in mine.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly comes down to conditions. I get about a polyp a month if im lucky from blue agaves while a friend of mine gets about 5 plus per month and his came from my colony..

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly comes down to conditions. I get about a polyp a month if im lucky from blue agaves while a friend of mine gets about 5 plus per month and his came from my colony..
I guess I'm lucky then because I bought the frag of 4 for only 50$. Not really into fragging but if I ever decide to sell the colony it will be like winning the mini lottery lol

Zoanut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seductions? None in two months.

Pulsar PE? Like a weed, probably 4-6/month and they grow into adult sizes quickly. Red Devil PE's have also grown very well for me.

Its so hit and miss, its a roll of the dize. Im not convinced there is anything we can do to speed up or slow down polyp growths beyond adjusting placement in relation to flow and light intensity. Ive given away a my clementine 2 polyp frag that wouldnt grow for 4 months. My friend put it in his office nano cube, and it doubles in the first month. He fragged 2 polyps a few months later, gave me them...and what do you know they grow like weeds and nothing has changed in my tank. Explain that.

OP
OP
Mr. E Wrasse

Mr. E Wrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seductions? None in two months.

Pulsar PE? Like a weed, probably 4-6/month and they grow into adult sizes quickly. Red Devil PE's have also grown very well for me.

Its so hit and miss, its a roll of the dize. Im not convinced there is anything we can do to speed up or slow down polyp growths beyond adjusting placement in relation to flow and light intensity. Ive given away a my clementine 2 polyp frag that wouldnt grow for 4 months. My friend put it in his office nano cube, and it doubles in the first month. He fragged 2 polyps a few months later, gave me them...and what do you know they grow like weeds and nothing has changed in my tank. Explain that.
Wow that is odd... I bought a one polyp frag of darth mauls. Within three weeks I had five, unfortunately they turned mostly orange with very little black and n lo w they dont grow. Even in different light levels

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back