Selling on Reef2reef/ Scammers

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've made it a point to look back over all of a seller's previous forum activity...

How long have they been around?

Are they actively posting in a variety of sub-forums?

Are they ONLY posting FS threads?

Do they have a Tank Thread? And are the items they're selling in use in that thread? (and is it a clean setup??)

Have they themselves purchased from others?

I've passed on a few items because I didn't like what I saw in their forum activity. One guy was ONLY posting FS threads. Nothing else. Clearly a flipper or scammer.

Due diligence plus PP G&S is the way to go. Beyond that, if I have a good experience with a seller, I try to post in the FS thread about it so future potential buyers can see they've got a good track record.

Arson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all just a heads up that there has been some more scamming going on lately. I know or 3 that have been had including myself the last couple weeks.

I was thinking of ways to correct the issue and would it make sense to only let Reef2Reef paid members sell on on market place? This way you there is a link account to the name that could be scamming instead of letting any new member sell.

Just a thought sense it really makes buying from this site hard to do again because there seems to be know way to guarantee.
Honestly, the best solution is that anyone who wishes to participate as sellers must be required to upload recent State Drivers License and Phone number to R2R for verification and pay a one time $50 fee. Scammers can only open so many accounts with this. These corals and equipment ain't cheap.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 99 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 75 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back