Semi Re-aquascaping Tank

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas Reefers!

Just got 3x XR-15 Blues and a Trident for Xmas today- SUPER ******* PUMPED! I've been Reefing ~7 years and almost feel like I have a new tank on my hands with these upgrades.

I'm going to do a semi-reaquascape tomorrow... Not planning major changes on the foundation but want to move a dozen or so rocks around in anticipation of a coral bump.

In the past when I've re-scaped, I've had a few 5g buckets and transfer the rocks to them while I rescape.... but I inevitably crush coral when stacking rocks and and water gets cloudy have a hard time finding the rocks I'm looking for quickly...

This time, I'm tempted to just lay out some towels and move the rocks onto towels for ~30 min while I quickly resort the top half of the aquascape.

1. Will Monti/Acro/LPS be okay outside of the water for 30m? Ambient Air will be ~70F

2. Is there a better way that I'm missing?

If all goes well, hope to see you all on the Cherry Corals Livesale tomorrow :D

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did my 90g tank and I used big, flat Rubbermaid type trays for most of my rock with corals on them and a Brute for bare rock.

Good luck and enjoy!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back