September Meeting

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, it's not so simple. ;) Depending on who you ask, the Sabbath is Fri-Sat., Sat., or Sunday, and that's just Abrahamic religions.
The "Sabbath" is only defined in Judeo-Christian scripture and tradition. Sunday is not the "Sabbath" under that law or tradition. And, yes, by our understanding it is sundown Friday to sundown on Saturday -- basically Saturday for light-hearted conversation rather than a religious essay. :wink:

Of course, around here, the holy day of obligation appears to be Saturday during football season -- where everybody bows down in front of 52" rectangles if they are unfortunate and not at the oval temple.

I still won't be at the meeting the day after the Sabbath -- or drink that nasty stuff you guys call "beer" on any day. :)

Anchovy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be out of town that weekend so we won't be able to attend. Have a good one!

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh noes, Kim! Have fun. I'll bring that blue xenia to the next meeting.

Scott, I only meant a bit of lighthearted irony with the original sabbath comment above. I've no interest in debating the 'one true' scriptural definition of the word "Sabbath"; let it suffice to say that in common usage and according to authoritative dictionaries such as Merriam-Webster, the word refers to Saturday or Sunday, reflecting the various Judaic and Christian traditions (plural). Returning to more lighthearted conversation: do you think that if I got a 52-incher, I could get a tax write-off since it is for religious practice? :wink:

Last edited:

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joel

That blue xenia -- I now have twice what you gave me.

Thanks

Eddie

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! Glad to hear it is doing well. I think Kim said she lost hers down in the rocks or something. It's next to impossible to kill and it grows super fast.

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next to impossible to kill must be true. Mine are still alive and growing.

September's meeting is on Sunday the 20th.

Spongie man, what me to bring baked beans? Or are we talking about food yet?

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do Broccoli salad, OK?

What about a topic? I'm trying to figure out how to set up a sump, IE.: best over flow box, how to plumb, what gph for return pump, designs, ect, ect. if that interests anyone else.

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the "how to do a sump" for a topic. Maybe even refugium, protein skimmer, sump - what goes first, second, third? All that stuff. Everybodies setup is different to some degree, but maybe some do's and don'ts could be discussed. Anybody willing to be the leader - that is anybody that knows all the answers want to volunteer to be the leader. Kim,as VP, since Randy will not be there, who/you could be the "know-it-all" leader.:wink:

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, that is right Kim. That leaves Janie and Dana to be in charge?

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be in Nashville at the Titans/ Texans game... GO TITANS!!!!!!!!! :D Dana has the name tags... ;)

OP
OP
Spongie

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to bring whatever side dishes you like. I have sumps on all of my tanks each with overflow boxes (although my setups are probably better examples of what not to do) .

digidana

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the name tags in my trunk, so as long as i remember to drive my car we'll be in good shape.

i HAVE a sump but am no way near an expert!

don't know what i'm bringing yet...maybe i'll make the stuffed jalapenos since randy won't be there, there may be enough for everybody! :)

ct_vol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figures you girls are making my favorite dishes when I can't come!!! lol ;)

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mel

Where you been?

Was hoping you would be able to make a meeting that was not on Saturday.

Kevin

Do we have enough food? Ha!

I mean --- who is coming?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back