Shark egg

alddb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two days ago we saw tons of movement. Checked today and seen nothing. Has not been exposed to air. You can see full body in shell. Strips on body.
how do you know if he died or I just can’t figure out head from tail? The shell is not as hard as it was on first day. I waited a good ten minutes and no movement

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late term death is uncommon in shark eggs. What I do is just keep observing them, but bring it to near the surface and give it a sniff. If the baby shark has died inside the eggs, you’ll notice the smell after a couple of days.
Jay

OP
OP
A

alddb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was moving three days ago. Check yesterday and nothing. Tried today and nothing. I smelled no odors. He looks fully developed with lines. But I couldn’t see any movement. Not even gill. I watched for a good 5 minutes and nothing. Looks like same position that he was in yesterday when I checked. Egg has no obvious fungus or anything. Just the algae.
Late term death is uncommon in shark eggs. What I do is just keep observing them, but bring it to near the surface and give it a sniff. If the baby shark has died inside the eggs, you’ll notice the smell after a couple of days.
Jay

OP
OP
A

alddb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C0CDF1C6-0289-4763-B82B-586FDA385D7B.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn - doesn't sound good, it should be actively moving. Still, unless it starts to decay (w/odor) I'd give it the benefit of doubt for now.

Jay

Sharkandreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay
Jay is right. If it smells like rotten eggs, it's done

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back