Shipping question

Dave12678

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am about to ship my first set of frags to a friend in FL. I am going to be shipping 2 day air usps from OH. I will be shipping GSP, a single shroom and some zoas. I don't really know what bags to use, I am packing them into a very small cooler in a box. I am not shipping until next week because its going to be hot. Should I use zip lock bags? I can't find long bags without the zip lock top. I know I will be getting a ice pack if its really hot. What else do I need?

Thanks guys

Teeka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes please don't use 2 day. I bought some zoos from a hobbist and they was sent 2 day and was dead on arrival. It was this time last year and I live in Florida.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea 2 day is pushing the limit with the temps right now, 2day works good in early spring and late fall when the temps drop.......I would also not use ziplocks they suck for shipping. If you can't get bags from online then I would go to a LFS and see if the will see you some bags...That is what I do, I can get like 15-20 bags for a $1-$2......

jessp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also second kensfish.com good service and large bag selection. rt now the temps in miami are in the low 90's. I'd say that is a bad candidate for second day air. usps express is cheap enough if you are sending a couple frags it is usually about 18-20 bucks.

OP
OP
D

Dave12678

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in west chester :) thank for the offer, thats nice of ya. I did get some from the LFS. thanks again for the info guys

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 100 43.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 77 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back