Shipping Shrimp

astrobuckeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received 4 peppermint shrimp from ORA via SaltwaterAquarium.com. They were very much DOA, the bag water was foul smelling. And it seemed like a pretty clean overnight shipment and I had them out of the box within an hour of arrival.

I'm being offered a refund or replacement and I'm trying to decide. If shrimp just don't ship well I'd rather try and find them locally. But if this was atypical, I'd like to have them shipped because I wanted captive bred.

Honestly I just kind of feel like how they shipped contributed. They were all in a bag together and there didn't seem to be much in the way of extra air. But I'm not sure what is best practice for shrimp.

Dragen Fiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had an issue with any of my CUC's from saltwater aquarium. It might have been a one off shipment. I know my recent order this week of 5 snails/5 hermit crabs arrived with no issues. Even had a family member stop to just float the bag until I got home from work so they were in the bags for another 6 hrs before I got home.

I would have them send you out another one.

Manpeckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful of that DOA credit policy the second time through..

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received 4 peppermint shrimp from ORA via SaltwaterAquarium.com. They were very much DOA, the bag water was foul smelling. And it seemed like a pretty clean overnight shipment and I had them out of the box within an hour of arrival.

I'm being offered a refund or replacement and I'm trying to decide. If shrimp just don't ship well I'd rather try and find them locally. But if this was atypical, I'd like to have them shipped because I wanted captive bred.

Honestly I just kind of feel like how they shipped contributed. They were all in a bag together and there didn't seem to be much in the way of extra air. But I'm not sure what is best practice for shrimp.
Shrimp tend to ship better than fish imo.
I've never had a bad time shipping crustaceans

OP
OP
A

astrobuckeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as an update. I received my resent package and it had a shrimp that was ripped in half. So I'm kind of skeptical as to what is going on ORA at this point.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back