Should I just drain the tank and start over?

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hgelped a friend move a tnak about 7 years ago and found two Eunicid worms. He had lost several small fish in the months prior. His weren;t anywhere as long as Steve's (from the link above), but nasty none the less. These measured around 18"...

OP
OP
czieler

czieler

Reefin' Girl
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...I caught my huge bristleworm last night....shined the flashlight in there after getting home from watching the gator game..and there he was..so I got the net and snagged him.

I've also got the salinity up to 1.024. I'm going to try and find a cheap frag this week at the LFS I can throw in there to see if it dies, as most of the ones I have left ... I don't want to risk killing.....will update again once i do that..and see how it does in there.

OP
OP
czieler

czieler

Reefin' Girl
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've still had no luck with this..but I just read on RC/zoaid that Asterina starfish sometimes will eat zoanthids... and I had two in this tank...I just went and got them out... I'm willing to try anything at this point.... I'll have to go buy a scrap frag this week and put it in there.

I've already got my PH stable..raised my salinity.. none of that worked...caught the monster bristleworm...heh..taking those little guys out wasn't going to hurt anything..so I figured I'd give it a shot...

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some astrina and have no issues with them....I think when they are a problem is when they are starving and look to other sources for food....

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 23.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back