Should I Name it?

seamus2050

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have searched the net and posted pictures of zoas on a few forums with no postive results. I will be selling a couple of frags and want to get the names right. The names are not criticle to me, happy calling them zoa 1 or 2 etc, however most buyers like a name. So, the big question is should I name it or not?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have searched the net and posted pictures of zoas on a few forums with no postive results. I will be selling a couple of frags and want to get the names right. The names are not criticle to me, happy calling them zoa 1 or 2 etc, however most buyers like a name. So, the big question is should I name it or not?

Naming is definitely a marketing tool and collectors like it. However, some people will buy it as "unknown zoa" without issue. I think most folks will buy if they like it. If you're thinking they may already have names, then post pics in the zoa ID forum and people can help you out. ;)

RacinRevo0818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your unsure of name then no problem selling unknown zoas...

People just get excited and pay more for big names!!

If you have a creative name then I would name them just be carefully because some people will be more then happy to tell you what they think it is!!!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are unsure of the name, I would not name it. Personally, I don't buy corals for the name. I buy them for how they will look in my tank and how they fit in my budget. :)

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you call it a name that is already used then you'll get beat up about lineage. If you name it and it looks like an already named coral you'll get beat up for naming an already named coral.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you call it a name that is already used then you'll get beat up about lineage. If you name it and it looks like an already named coral you'll get beat up for naming an already named coral.

What he said...

OP
OP
S

seamus2050

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. I have received a fair amount of help from the forums to get correct names on some. I think I will take the high road, if I can't ID it, then it will be sold as a cool unknown Zoa.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 119 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back