Should I Ozone?

Chelsea'sPage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed that my corals haven’t had any real growth over the last 8 months. When I took my water into the LFS they mentioned my water having a yellow tint. I run the UV sterilizer, & protein skimmer 24/7, change the filter socks every 2 days.

I started doing some research on Ozone and I feel like this may be the answer to our lack of growth problems. All my levels are perfect. We run everything on the apex doser and have the LFS check water everytime we go in.

Does anyone have any personal experience with ozone and improved coral growth?

Thanks in advanced ☺️
-Chelsea Hall

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed that my corals haven’t had any real growth over the last 8 months. When I took my water into the LFS they mentioned my water having a yellow tint. I run the UV sterilizer, & protein skimmer 24/7, change the filter socks every 2 days.

I started doing some research on Ozone and I feel like this may be the answer to our lack of growth problems. All my levels are perfect. We run everything on the apex doser and have the LFS check water everytime we go in.

Does anyone have any personal experience with ozone and improved coral growth?

Thanks in advanced ☺️
-Chelsea Hall
Yellowish water indicates a buildup of organic waste compounds. What is your water change schedule?

Some people use carbon to more fully remove these yellowing compounds, but lignite carbon use causes HLLE in tangs.

Ozone will also break down these organic compounds, creating blue clear water. However, too much ozone will also oxidize and harm corals, fish, etc. many people use ORP controllers to modulate the ozone dose. This takes careful adjusting though.

I only use ozone on fish-only systems.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back