Show me your mounted Apex controller!!!

Steve Maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just purchased an Apex controller and will be using it for the 75g that I'm in the process of setting up. I do not have room inside the cabinet to fit it probably. I've seen some shots where people have attached the controller, surge controller, and other controllers/electric equipment to a board that is kept behind or beside the cabinet. So, in order to give me some ideas, would some of y'all mind posting pictures of your set ups and what you used? I though about using pegboard, but am open to all ideas!

Thanks in advance!!!

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you on the Neptune systems forum? There's a thread out there with some good pictures.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted more access to everything plus I have it attached to two tanks so bought two cabinets from Ikea. I now keep all my testing kits in the top cabinet.

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

OP
OP
Steve Maxwell

Steve Maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you on the Neptune systems forum? There's a thread out there with some good pictures.

Good idea! Thanks!

I knew I saw a post on here somewhere, but for some reason couldn't find it. Thanks!

I wanted more access to everything plus I have it attached to two tanks so bought two cabinets from Ikea. I now keep all my testing kits in the top cabinet.

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

Love the set up, would like to do the same thing since I'd like to run 2 systems also...but unfortunately my living room television is between them :(

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the set up, would like to do the same thing since I'd like to run 2 systems also...but unfortunately my living room television is between them :([/QUOTE]
TVs can be moved much easier than tanks! :)

OP
OP
Steve Maxwell

Steve Maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the set up, would like to do the same thing since I'd like to run 2 systems also...but unfortunately my living room television is between them :(
TVs can be moved much easier than tanks! :)[/QUOTE]

True...but my TV is in the only spot available for proper viewing :(

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Steve Maxwell...I meant to mention this earlier, but if you do a simple Google search for "Neptune Apex Mounting Ideas", switch it over to images, you'll be floored with mounting ideas. I did that and came up with what you see below. I put this together several weeks ago (picture is before doing all the wiring) and am hoping it gets mounted this weekend. My final product will be mounted in the end of a peninsula build, and I've designed it to pull out of the cabinet when needed. It could easily be adapted to have a "door" on the front of it, making it look like a cabinet of sorts, and mounted near your tanks and television!

I will post some additional pictures if I get my way this weekend and get the thing put in its final resting place!!!

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd share a few photos of the finished project. Still have some clean up work to do, but it's finally installed. Sorry for the poor cell phone shots...

The wall side of the peninsula:

Behind the removable access panel and tucked against the wall:

Apex control panel pulled out for access:

Eyes aren't what they used to be, so I utilized a spare tablet for control:

OP
OP
Steve Maxwell

Steve Maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't figured out what to do with mine yet :(
The only place I will really have room for anything will be right beside the stand between the stand and the TV stand. There's only about maybe a 12" gap between the two. I've thought about using a wooden medicine cabinet or some other type of enclosed cabinet that I can easily pull out when needed and then push back into place...but I haven't been able to find anything yet and unfortunately my carpentry skills are pretty non-existent :(

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't figured out what to do with mine yet :(
The only place I will really have room for anything will be right beside the stand between the stand and the TV stand. There's only about maybe a 12" gap between the two. I've thought about using a wooden medicine cabinet or some other type of enclosed cabinet that I can easily pull out when needed and then push back into place...but I haven't been able to find anything yet and unfortunately my carpentry skills are pretty non-existent :(

Here is a pic of what i did so you can have an idea. Not fancy but at least i have the electronics outside the sump area. Still working with mounting configurations.

upload_2016-1-4_10-4-57.png

upload_2016-1-4_10-8-6.png

upload_2016-1-4_10-8-34.png

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I finally found my solution...I found this at Home Depot:
upload_2016-1-4_15-41-52.png

I'm staining it black to match the tank stand. Not the biggest, but it should work!

Looks like a good solution Steve. Put a nice little top on that and you have a perfect resting spot for your beverage of choice while observing the display!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back