show off your clownfish!!!

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinions please. The 2 previous owners of our BioCube 8 had clownfish. Is this size suitable for them? Just 1. No other fish. Is the anemone needed in captivity?
Anemone is not needed in fact they can sting them and cause brown spots. They will heal and be fine in a few days as it adjusts to it. My clown is busy being friends with my wrasse, swissguard basslet(who he sleeps with), and spotted mandarin.
Some clowns like the maroon especially can grow to 8 inches and are super territorial. So for that kind. Yes it would be very small to house an 8" fish.
Tomato clowns are another nasty territorial clown. A lot of divers get attacked by them.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had several people suggest them for this tank, then others say no. Last owner admitted he had 1 bully female clown that badgered the other. They always look so happy and active. I'd rather have a captive bred fish. I have been told gobies usually aren't.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had several people suggest them for this tank, then others say no. Last owner admitted he had 1 bully female clown that badgered the other. They always look so happy and active. I'd rather have a captive bred fish. I have been told gobies usually aren't.
I have a Randall's Prawn Goby who is smallest in the tank, but a flat out jerk. Caught him yesterday in a pic going after my yellow & purple wrasse. Nothing is better than proof.

IMG_20170421_105748.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most of the gobies I have been watching have attitude. I'm so confused. I'm afraid to get anything. This is my 9 year old's tank. He has been begging for years. I don't want to mess this up.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't worry. My son will not be caring for the tank. He will be helping. He is using an algae magnet every day...

mitchell01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the gobies I have been watching have attitude. I'm so confused. I'm afraid to get anything. This is my 9 year old's tank. He has been begging for years. I don't want to mess this up.

It is quite confusing picking a first fish but I don't think you could go wrong with a percula or an ocellaris because your son first off will recognize nemo and they are funny little fish if you wanted an anemone I'm not sure if your lighting is good enough to support one but I have no experience with biocubes so somebody who has experience will chime in just enjoy the tank it shouldn't be a chore regards Mitchell

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back