Show off your EELS!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's have an official eel show off thread! Post up pics of your eels here! If we can get some pics going, I'll sticky this one so we can have easy access! :D

Mfreddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1563.JPG

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's funny I fed mine octopus tonight also, he almost comes out of the tank. I get this awesome combo pack at the asian market; octopus tentacles. baby octopus, and squid. he goes crazy over squid too. I have a legally blind pink tail trigger in my 210 fowlr that I stick feed, he loves octopus and squid also, the others not so much. I also feed shrimp and silversides. I tried other types of fish but it was too messy.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey #woodguy how was the fimbriated. I've thought about one, are they of similar size and temperament as the jeweled.

woodguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey #woodguy how was the fimbriated. I've thought about one, are they of similar size and temperament as the jeweled.
i truely would not recomend a fimbriated, they are mean!!!!!, mine ended up living in the sump of my 300 for about a year till i could find him a new home

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went into observation on Tuesday. Took some krill off of a stick yesterday so I feel confident. I had some live small mollies and ghosties living with him, I saw him trying to catch a ghostie yesterday. He was very timid about taking him down; he's about 2' and very thin so he still might be a baby. I figured I'd try and stick feed him, I had to make the pieces really small but he took a fair amount. I'll try again tomorrow.

014.jpg

woodguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went into observation on Tuesday. Took some krill off of a stick yesterday so I feel confident. I had some live small mollies and ghosties living with him, I saw him trying to catch a ghostie yesterday. He was very timid about taking him down; he's about 2' and very thin so he still might be a baby. I figured I'd try and stick feed him, I had to make the pieces really small but he took a fair amount. I'll try again tomorrow.

014.jpg
beautiful ribbon man

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
snowflake.jpg

My snowflake is getting big I should take a newer pic. I got this guy at maybe 8" he was pretty small but now he's over 12" and a lot thicker.

In the past I kept garden eels. I had to give them away before I moved. Some of my all time favorite creatures to keep. The splendid (orange ones) are not as hearty as the regular spotted ones.

garden2.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome eels!

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My eel sure loves some chopped octopus. What are you all feeding yours?

IMG_0842.JPG

My last golden dwarf turned down everything I offered in the first two weeks. Shrimp, cod fillet, oyster, scallop... so I tried squid and he instantly took it. With this eel I had him eating two days after he arrived. Dwarfs love squid.
20171005_155525.jpg

Last edited:

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of dwarfs on here. This is Bobby. He is my second dwarf (I lost my first during a tank transfer. I think he burned himself wrapping around a heater). He made it through a 76 day QT while the DT was fallow for velvet (Didn't eat for over a month during a CP treatment) but immediately found his new home under a rock. He eats whatever is on the tongs. He eats squid, whitefish, silverslides, scallop, clam, etc.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back