Show piece fish

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My freshwater tank is focused on show fish. I have always had 1 or 2 high quality fish with a younger fish or two that I grow out to take the place eventually. Then a few other mixed bag fish that I add in for movement.
Now I have never taken this method to my saltwater tank where I kept more of a community setup before velvet hit when I was holding some fish for someone. That said, does anyone focus on one or two fish while building a tank around them or does everyone more or less keep a few fish without a main focus fish?

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people like to get that one big naso tang or vlamingi. Some get lucky with large angels. Other people focus in rare small fish like a half banded flasher wrasse or lennardi. Everyone to their own

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people like to get that one big naso tang or vlamingi. Some get lucky with large angels. Other people focus in rare small fish like a half banded flasher wrasse or lennardi. Everyone to their own
It seems more common in saltwater to focus on a bunch of small fish. I thought more people would have a few fish then that one special fish.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back