Show us your new predator

FeliciaLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my new predator. Now to fit a name to this tiny creature.

IMAG1224.jpg
Aww! Its so tiny and cute! That is a seriously tiny lionfish.

charliethezero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwww..... I love little fuzzies at that age.

Aww! Its so tiny and cute! That is a seriously tiny lionfish.

He is adorable. Smallest baby I've seen being sold, the guy insisted he was a dwarf, dwarf and won't get much bigger. I would have a tank full if they didn't get any bigger :)

FeliciaLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is adorable. Smallest baby I've seen being sold, the guy insisted he was a dwarf, dwarf and won't get much bigger. I would have a tank full if they didn't get any bigger :)
Glad you know better than the guy at the store! Considering they can get to like 6", that little guy has a ton of growing to do! I bet he'll stay small for quite a long time. My dwarf zebra doesn't seen to have grown all that much in the 9 months that I've had him.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He said WHAT!!! I get that LFS employees can't know everything about everything, but to not to know about a common fish!! He has to have seen a larger fuzzy at some point. Geez.

Last edited:

benpoole28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2076c4c1f591ff91ea6b617871ab5887.jpg
large dogface
03a6a0f85f31fd2974e7ffdd379b54bb.jpg
yellow ray
Also have a pair of blue jaw trigger, rectangle trigger, porcupine puffer. My favorite is my dragon wrasse, he is moving stuff around all day, poor hermit crab gets thrown around like a ragdoll.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

charliethezero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said WHAT!!! I get that LFS employees can't know everything about everything, but to not to know about a common fish!! He has to have seen a larger fuzzy at some point. Geez.

Yeah, that place isn't the greatest for beginners but they have a decent variety and maintain the tanks and fish well. They tend to leave me alone but the things I overhear are saddening. When I picked up that fuzzy the owner was telling someone a pair of seahorses would do well in a spec V. I really need to start speeking up. My favorite lfs is great and is bluntly honest.

Marcus E. Mommer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***** the frog fish. Got him recently after he ate two bangaii Cardinalfish bigger then he was. He's alone in a softy reef. Also got a fuzzy and a marine betta in my sps reef.

image.jpg

image.jpg

maxmurano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My devil in the tank is a Rockfish. I have it for about two 1/2 months and he is alone in the tank. Among "the departed ones" after he was introduced: a Six Lines Wrasse, two Clowns a Peppermint Shrimp and a Clown Goby...
hex2.jpg

Better pics to come...

aviationreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My devil in the tank is a Rockfish. I have it for about two 1/2 months and he is alone in the tank. Among "the departed ones" after he was introduced: a Six Lines Wrasse, two Clowns a Peppermint Shrimp and a Clown Goby...
hex2.jpg

Better pics to come...
is that a dead lionfish?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back