! - sick(?) tailspot blenny

Ch1ef_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
My tailspot blenny is looking a little worse for wear.
His belly is now concave, and his face is looking really skinny. It resembles a really skinny person when their cheekbones are visible.
He is now sticking to the bottom of the tank, not moving, whereas before (two days ago) he was very active and liked to poke out of his little spot.
I’m currently doing water tests now, so will have more information on the levels of the tankbut I did a water change yesterday so I’m not expecting there to be anything out of the ordinary.

Can anyone tell me what they think is wrong? I’m very concerned for him.

I have a clownfish, feather dusters, and some star fish in the tank that are all looking normal.

thanks in advance.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’re also gonna need to post photos and video under white so folks can assess the fish.

and in addition to parameters, age of tank, how long blenny has been in it, any recent additions to the tank…

OP
OP
C

Ch1ef_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
My tailspot blenny is looking a little worse for wear.
His belly is now concave, and his face is looking really skinny. It resembles a really skinny person when their cheekbones are visible.
He is now sticking to the bottom of the tank, not moving, whereas before (two days ago) he was very active and liked to poke out of his little spot.
I’m currently doing water tests now, so will have more information on the levels of the tankbut I did a water change yesterday so I’m not expecting there to be anything out of the ordinary.

Can anyone tell me what they think is wrong? I’m very concerned for him.

I have a clownfish, feather dusters, and some star fish in the tank that are all looking normal.

thanks in advance.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 106 76.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back