Sixline wrasse

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
I have a few flatworms, so I got a sixline wrasse. The day after I put him in he has a real fat belly. Will this solve my problem or will I still have to use flatworm exit?

Eklikewhoa

Fish Thumper!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait till last minute to use the FWE.....spotlight the tank at night to see if the wrasse if really making an impact or just eating your crustacean.

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
The sixline is always fat and I can not see any flatworms. Every now and then I will see one on the glass.

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can vouch that sixline wrasses can indeed get rid of your flatworm problems, mine did awhile back. Granted there might be the strange sixline that won't, but i believe if you are seeing a decrease in population then they are being eradicatted.

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my sixline completely eradicated the FW problem I had. He did a really good job. No need to use the FW Exit in my opinion if the sixline is eating them. Plus he is a neat little fish.

Sandy

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
He is always searching for them and the first few days he had a real fat little tummy. I love his color.

coral diver

Old and Wise
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the natural way like using normal predetory fish (six line) will not eradicate it over night it will take some time he (fish) connot get to the nooks and crannies what a liquid chemical do patience my freind if his fat and belly is full help him out by sucking the FW with a turkey baster NO CHEMICAL IS THE BEST WAY and my six line not just eradicated and did his job well he developed an attitude :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back