Skimmer 9012 not working?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this skimmer on Tuesday, brand new, and it has been working great until this morning. I turned off, took cup off, emptied and cleaned. Then when i turned it back on nothing, i could hear and feel the pump moving but no bubbles/foam. I didn't see a kink in airline and its fully open. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank You

OP
OP
acolotto

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried putting ro water down the air inlet to clean salt out Mybe

I have not done that but did close it and also blow into it to make sure there was not a clog. Ill take it apart tonight but at work all day, and dont get home till later want all the ideas so i can hopefully getting it working tonight. I will have to try that out tonight maybe itll get it started, it sucks because I bought this to replace a cad lights skimmer that i had nothing but headaches with, and this bad boy has been running perfectly until i clean the collection cup haha. I didnt even take the skimmer out all i did was remove the cup, that's what got me confused

OP
OP
acolotto

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a hold of customer service! First of all great experience so far, explained what the issues was, they are sending a replacement part that should hopefully fix the problem. GRADE A+++++ customer service, thank you again

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies for not replying here, I didn't realize I was not receiving notices of new threads.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 74 41.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back