Skimmer - Suggestions on off the shelf and DIY ideas

ReefMP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning my next tank build, I'm expecting a total volume of 200-250 gallons.

I know I'll need some new equipment including a skimmer, what skimmers would you recommend for ~300g volume that's priced under $600 ?

I'm also somewhat handy and was considering building my own, what are some of the plans you guys have used that you think are successful ?

I have some time before the build so I'm exploring cost effective options. thanks.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super Reef Octopus 5000 will do the job for sure......$450 if you look around. I've had one for a year now and love it. Coralvue has great customer service, in my experience.

OP
OP
ReefMP

ReefMP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that's a nice looking skimmer. The reviews are pretty good too. I'm currently running an ASM G2 modded skimmer on my tank and it does the job, I've had a Reef Octo at one point, don't remember which model but I replaced it with the ASM about 3-4 yrs ago. I'm sure they came a long way since then too.

Suggestions from anyone else? What other great, affordable skimmers are you running? thanks.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 47 43.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 50 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back