Skimz Monzter SM202 Skimmer

Caesar214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Skimz Monzter SM202 Skimmer that uses a ES 5000 air pump. It has been in operation just over a year and the bearings are getting noisy. Skimz uses these same pumps on all of their high end external skimmers but now has suddenly decided to discontinue the pump with no replacement or replacement parts. I have searched everywhere and they do not exist. I have even tried to contalc Skimz but have gotten no response.
I find it very interesting that these skimmers are still being sold by many retailers without telling the consumer that they will never be able to get replacement parts.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be able to do about the pump? Is there a retrofit or does anyone have a source for parts?

Skimz ES5000.jpg

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Skimz and got a prompt reply. I was able to order an ES5000 from them, although it did cost slightly more and was shipped from Singapore. THis is the email address I used: [email protected]

Otherwise, when I reached out to Live RocknReef they said they expected to have them in stock this fall. You could try them as well.

HTH.

ETA: I don't think they are discontinued, just out of stock everywhere. Maybe a COVID issue? IDK.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The same occurred with Vertex industries who are no longer and also Reefkeeper
Fortunately skimz is operating and able to assist you

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back