SMALL ANIMAL AGITATING ZOAS! ID HELP!

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also agree with Collonista snail. Very common and breed like crazy once added to the tank.

The unfortunately thing with these is they are nocturnal and love to hide in pump, impellers, etc.. Anywhere that is inconvenient.

My recommendation would be to stay on top of your equipment maintenance, especially skimmer pumps, gyres/power heads, return pumps to ensure their longevity. Even places you think they would be impossible to get to, like the wetside of a vortech pump between the magnet and plastic housing where it attaches to the glass..

OP
OP
ArialReef

ArialReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the shapes look odd to me. It's like a mix of snails and baby asterinas. It's going to be hard to positively ID what you have unless you can get some pics with them out of the water and close up.
I'm pretty sure they're snails, not stars. I'll get the close-ups tomorrow. [emoji2]

OP
OP
ArialReef

ArialReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I get a yellow coris wrasse to eradicate it? I'll probably return it when I'm done.

Oh yeah, the close-ups are coming in a moment.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back