Smart buddie booster pump flushing

SuthernReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the smart buddie booster pump hooked up to my 100gpd RODI system. I leave it plugged in at all times and leave faucet on at all times. I have a float valve installed on reservoir.

My question is, once the float valve cuts the booster off, I go back and turn the flow valve off on my RODI ( not to be confused ruth faucet, which stays on ) just as an extra precaution. Is this preventing my automatic flush valve from flushing daily? Ive never considered this until today

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most systems like the BRS ones flush at the begining

75 GPD Auto Flush Flow Kit

…AquatecAuto Flush Flow Restrictor Kits include everything you need to incorporate automated membrane flushing on almost any RODI system. The system will be flushed when the unit turns on for a few seconds, and then for 15 to 20 seconds per every hour of use. Two Kits Available: 75 GPD Auto Flush

OP
OP
SuthernReefer

SuthernReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AquaticLife booster pump does too. Everytime you turn it on and every 24 hours, but I don't think it will the way I'm using it because I'm cutting flow off at the unit.

@AquaticLifeProducts can you confirm this?

CosmicMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AquaticLife booster pump does too. Everytime you turn it on and every 24 hours, but I don't think it will the way I'm using it because I'm cutting flow off at the unit.

@AquaticLifeProducts can you confirm this?
Im having the same problem. I cant let it run all the time and like to manually shut it off when I am not making water. Trying to figure out how to setup a manual flush with this unit.

Allenh427

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just unplug it and plug it back it in. I have one of those 3 way T valves now so I don't flip the T valve to my di resin until I let the water run for about 5 minutes down into the drain.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back