OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my eel died a day after posting this thread. Makes eel number two. Going to dissect him and take a look for parasites and what not to try and figure out what the problem was. Totally sucks! Thanks everyone for your replies.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that :(
Don't let it discourage you though! If you're up for it, try again in a few months. Everyone on R2R is happy to help should any other issues arise.

OP
OP
Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate that! Thank you @tyler1503 and @melypr1985. Out of curiosity, considering I lost 2 eels, how long should I wait until trying again? If it did end up being a parasite or bacterial infection. I'm super weary now since I lost two eels. Everything else in my tank is doing great except my flame angel. He has a bit of a torn up tail fin from what I'm assuming is the clown fish picking on him. Thanks for all the replies.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate that! Thank you @tyler1503 and @melypr1985. Out of curiosity, considering I lost 2 eels, how long should I wait until trying again? If it did end up being a parasite or bacterial infection. I'm super weary now since I lost two eels. Everything else in my tank is doing great except my flame angel. He has a bit of a torn up tail fin from what I'm assuming is the clown fish picking on him. Thanks for all the replies.

Like Tyler said, wait a few months then try again. You may want to spend the next few months watching the rest of your fish to see if they show symptoms from whatever got the eels. Watch those torn up fins for infection and further receding.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look carefully at his gills. If you don't wait to long to autopsy him I am sure you will find gill parasites and probably a few torn gills. They should all look like new feathers.

Jace Alan Carver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His mouth looks red in the video...not the whole thing really, just right around the "lips" area. Do you see this as well? The twitching this isn't normal.

Two hours is a very very long time to acclimate. Was he shipped to you or did you buy him at the LFS? If the LFS, was he eating there? Did you ask to see him eat? What was the SG of the water he traveled in compared to your display?
Mine twitches all the time and he's been around for 4 months or so now and he's done it since I got him.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back