OP
OP
Stormlasher

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel those would make your params way too high in some cases as the reviews say, you can replenish params with a WC or by dosing
I’m starting to see mixed reviews I’m dosing everything in massive quantities atm to sustiain the tank but I was wondering g how well they hold ph I don’t mind having high calcium and mag I mean I rub my calcium now at 475 and mag at 1500 just holding the ph is super hard I can only keep it between 8.15 and 8.25 and I get to 8.3 a couple times in the day. The times I have held it I watched my alk and cal get soaked up massively. So I’m trying to explore options to buffer the tank without adding more total water volume. But thanks for the input

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've long criticized the wild claims these make. They and their claims have been around for a long, long time.

A fair characterization of it is that it contains a bunch of stuff that slowly dissolves whether your tank needs it or not.

The claim that:

"Automatically controls concentrations of 28 elements including calcium, strontium and all 15 essential trace elements. "

Is just lunacy, IMO. How could it possibly "control" all of these things?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've long criticized the wild claims these make. They are their claims have been around for a long, long time.

A fair characterization of it is that it contains a bunch of stuff that slowly dissolves whether your tank needs it or not.

The claim that:

"Automatically controls concentrations of 28 elements including calcium, strontium and all 15 essential trace elements. "

a little wizard inside the brick

OP
OP
Stormlasher

Stormlasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've long criticized the wild claims these make. They and their claims have been around for a long, long time.

The claim that:

Well I test like a madman alk per hr and calcium per 2 hrs and I can do a couple of triton tests I’ll see what it dose and what it dosent do I always expected the claims to be crazy but yeh I’ll triton test before and after 1 brick and I’ll keep everyone updated but if anyone else has done this yet leme know the results

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I test like a madman alk per hr and calcium per 2 hrs and I can do a couple of triton tests I’ll see what it dose and what it dosent do I always expected the claims to be crazy but yeh I’ll triton test before and after 1 brick and I’ll keep everyone updated but if anyone else has done this yet leme know the results

How fast it dissolves in your tank will likely depend on the flow around it

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back