nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pour in a half bottle once every few weeks.......all at once

9C949DF1-D8C2-4015-862E-FAAE08191C10.jpeg
well mine seems to hate it a lot cuz during my water change i used 1 ml of it to spray it on a frag plug that had algae on it and before he was open then he got ticked off by it and closed up a bit

Last edited:

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pour in a half bottle once every few weeks.......all at once

9C949DF1-D8C2-4015-862E-FAAE08191C10.jpeg
Yeah, I've never seen my nems react on my small doses, but I've never dosed anything like half a bottle :D.

could also be just long time acclimation thing.

I believe all our saltwater pets can be acclimated basically to your keeping habits, and after awhile I could imagine you could probably even do more and they'd be just fine.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've never seen my nems react on my small doses, but I've never dosed anything like half a bottle :D.

could also be just long time acclimation thing.

I believe all our saltwater pets can be acclimated basically to your keeping habits, and after awhile I could imagine you could probably even do more and they'd be just fine.
yea i hope he gets used to everything soon

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok just a little update on this but i’m thinking my anemone tends to puff up more when it’s fed but be a bit more smaller and stringy when i dont feed it the first picture is when feeding the second picture is when i dont feed it

7665DE53-557D-4D84-A674-DEB2961972BB.jpeg image.jpg

Pinky80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Punctuation helps, your posts are little hard to read.
Your nems look like they're trying to expel something. Whether is H2O2, cyano toxins, nitrate overload, or dead zoox because H2O2 may be killing the zoox, it's hard to tell at this point. It's promising that your nems bloom in the day time, and that they respond to the lighting.

What are you water parameters? What lighting are you using. Lets start with the basics and try to eliminate variables. Stop the H2O2 dosing for now, the algae may be indicative of another problem and the dosing may be worsening it.

And I just saw that you mentioned feeding your nems. What are you feeding them? Are you aware of Tricalcium Phosphate? A lot of grocery store seafood has this preservative in it, and that is a slow nem killer. I've lost lots of nems because of a bag of shrimp that has this preservative in it, and I only learned about this preservative in the last year or so. Something to think about...

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Punctuation helps, your posts are little hard to read.
Your nems look like they're trying to expel something. Whether is H2O2, cyano toxins, nitrate overload, or dead zoox because H2O2 may be killing the zoox, it's hard to tell at this point. It's promising that your nems bloom in the day time, and that they respond to the lighting.

What are you water parameters? What lighting are you using. Lets start with the basics and try to eliminate variables. Stop the H2O2 dosing for now, the algae may be indicative of another problem and the dosing may be worsening it.

And I just saw that you mentioned feeding your nems. What are you feeding them? Are you aware of Tricalcium Phosphate? A lot of grocery store seafood has this preservative in it, and that is a slow nem killer. I've lost lots of nems because of a bag of shrimp that has this preservative in it, and I only learned about this preservative in the last year or so. Something to think about...
i feed mine mysis shrimp and i’m bad at punctuation but i’ll try my best right now. so i feed it mysis shrimp because i’m scared of all the chemicals in shrimp they sell at stores. they lighting is i dont know what it’s called but the nem has not moved from its original spot and hopefully i get the ai prime i asked for cuz my birthday’s tomorrow so i’ll probably be on here tomorrow asking for help on setting that up. my perimeters are
alk 9
nitrate is 2
salinity is 1.024
ph is 8.3
and i dont have a test kit for the rest at the moment. oh i also forgot i sometimes feed it pemysis pellets if the fall on it from feeding my clownfish.

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve dosed peroxide with multiple anemones without any issue. I’d look for something else that’s bothering it.
I agree. I have used Hydrogen Peroxide numerous times with no bad effects on the anemones. The only effect I have seen is Zoas will close for an hour or so after dosing. Otherwise, no issues.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I have used Hydrogen Peroxide numerous times with no bad effects on the anemones. The only effect I have seen is Zoas will close for an hour or so after dosing. Otherwise, no issues.
yea i think mines just a very sensitive anemone

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok just a little update my lights went off for tonight so imma watch it to see if it shrinks up again tonight and within 5 minutes of the lights of it looks like this.

image.jpg

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update it’s mouth is starting to open again and don’t mind my clownfish he wouldn’t move at all for the photo but you can see the mouth by the snail also here’s a better picture. it looks to be pooping at the moment or something close to that.

BE09D995-EB1F-4D77-B220-B4D334CFF71C.jpeg DF659072-4FEA-49F3-9799-957FC9008096.jpeg

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so a little update i got a new light on the tank and the anemone is open but it hasn’t moved but some of its tenticals are shriveled up here’s a picture of it now

image.jpg

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Your anemone looks good based on your picture. Remember, anemones will inflate, deflate, move, have long tentacles with no bubbles, short tentacles with bubbles, all normal. Just keep the water clean (low Nitrate, no Nitrite and no ammonia) and stable (no wild swings of dKH) and give plenty of light.

Regarding feeding, I have enjoyed RBTAs for a couple of years and I don’t feed them at all. They get all they need from the light and anything left over in the water after feeding the fish.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Your anemone looks good based on your picture. Remember, anemones will inflate, deflate, move, have long tentacles with no bubbles, short tentacles with bubbles, all normal. Just keep the water clean (low Nitrate, no Nitrite and no ammonia) and stable (no wild swings of dKH) and give plenty of light.

Regarding feeding, I have enjoyed RBTAs for a couple of years and I don’t feed them at all. They get all they need from the light and anything left over in the water after feeding the fish.
ok thanks and he’s starting to figure 8 right now so i dont know if he’s splitting because of the new light

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait you dose peroxide directly into the tank? Never heard of that before
If you are on FB take a look at a group called "Marine Resources" the group admin is a big believer of HO2O you can use it effectively to eradicate ick and loads of other parasites but like some ick medication you can buy its all down to the timing of the dosing i.e. after lights out and room is in darkness between midnight and 2am and 4-6am is the best time.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so here’s a little update it’s shriveled up now before the lights ever went off so i dont know what’s happening with it

image.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back