• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SOLD - Free Cowfish. Beautiful 3 year old tank raised!

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The cowfish has been star of my tank for 3 years... but I need to rehome, My Zebrasomas and other fishes are grown up and tank too busy and boisterous for the Cowfish

He does not bother fishes, in fact my goatfish and Parotfish steal food from his mouth... he does not touch any CUC. He does not touch corals. I have large mixed reef. He may touch in future as he is a species marked as reef-safe-with-caution. But in a large tank with space I doubt he will ever touch coral and he will be active star of tank. Just he can not handle abusive fish - he is peaceful.

He is 12 inches and super healthy - you would not have seen cowfish like him anywhere. He loves eating from hand and eats a lot! Nori and frozen food are his favorite.

Selling for $150

Cowfish is fairly easy to find but rarely this large and adjusted to aquarium ...

Looking for good tank. He does Not need a lot of swim space, 60G and up be fine but not be housed with fish who would bully him.

Local pickup from Basking Ridge NJ 07920

Let me know if you are interested?

Here is my tank (my hyperactive tang gang is on backwall eating algae)

Ks4726

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a hawkish from this guy a few months ago. Clean tank and that cow fish is one of a kind. Been in this hobby for along time. Largest one I've ever seen. Definitely a show piece. Good luck with the sale.

OP
OP
Singspot

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the kind words!

All, The Cowfish is indeed a star.

Available for a happy tank, plese DM me your offer.

Video:

OP
OP
Singspot

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for asking the question.

He is my r2r avatar :( I plan to part (with heavy heart) as he needs a bit more feeding and I cannot, as I have a coral full tank.

Just once day may be fine (2x daily best) but he needs 2 cube of frozen food and 1/4 sheet nori daily for himself to flurish.

He is NOT like puffers, he does NOT spit food ans does NOT touch any CUC. I have shrimp, snails, softies, sps, small star fishes.

i some days feed that much- he loves thawed cunks of krill, clams, any meaty food. And he will beg follow me entire day.

He is 0 aggressive so wont bother other fish but to live his full potential, he should be fed bit more than I can. 2 "ube frozen equivalent daily. He may be fine with small clean grocery shrimp.

He be fine in 60G or larger tank.

As long as other fishes do not bully him. He is not tang like swimmer ... he will stay in open area 100% with glowing few neon blue dots and give you smile (aka beg) all day!

You can see in my youtube long video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Singspot

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have se travel colong in and need tonrehole cowfish asap.

Anyone with good tank, please make your offer.

Looking to rehome asap.

OP
OP
Singspot

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Take the fish for free.

I live in Basking Ridge, can pick up tonight or tomorrow evening. I have bucket he can go in

To take this pet, you must have:
A. Steady tank 200G or more
B. Do not have fishes that will bully him
C. Can feed him daily -1 small shrimp or 4 krill or 2 cubes frozen

He lives happily with small and large fishes in fairly high nutrient but disease free tank. Just needs to be fed well and lots love. He is like a puppy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back