Someone use tropic marin elimin phos rapid/lanthanum chlorid?Fisch safe?

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello ,
Did someone use it? It contains lanthanum chlorid it is safe for fisch,one time I used nopox and it killed my centropyges with just half of the dosis, don't want tonhzve same experience again.
Best regards

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to accomplish?

NOPOX is not a good way to reduce phosphate. It, and other forms of organic carbon dosing, are more effective on nitrate.

I don't believe that NOPOX at appropriate doses is killing fish. What was the symptom? It may just be coincidence.

Lanthanum is claimed by some users to irritate some fish if the particulates remain in solution. I've never used it myself and generally wouldn't unless I was treating new rock, or some such thing.

OP
OP
Superlightman

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have phosphate issue actually don't know why they are around 0,2 ,when i use gfo,they go down but spike rapidly again ,the gfo cost a lot,looking for another solution.i read many had success with lanthanum.
Nopox really killed the centropyge,they was both healthy swimming and a few time after put the nopox ,both died quickly the same day and i did no other changing,everything else wad fine. same if they couldn't breath anymore,i read other testimony about fish that died with nopox. I experience the same with vodka dosing +bioreefkit Don't want to use it again as i have again loriculus

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still do not believe the fish/NOPOX issue, but if you search on lanthanum there are hundreds of threads discussing folks use of it. Most people like it, and a few blame it for fish problems.

OP
OP
Superlightman

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i could not explain what else make them die so quickly as they was healthy,probably that i had to much bactiera from the carbin dosing inside and with the nopox they explode,at this time I had also a skimmer that was not working properly.probably bacteria +bad skimmer+nopox was the problem .but I scare to trie again..

Clanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have phosphate issue actually don't know why they are around 0,2 ,when i use gfo,they go down but spike rapidly again ,the gfo cost a lot,looking for another solution.i read many had success with lanthanum.
Nopox really killed the centropyge,they was both healthy swimming and a few time after put the nopox ,both died quickly the same day and i did no other changing,everything else wad fine. same if they couldn't breath anymore,i read other testimony about fish that died with nopox. I experience the same with vodka dosing +bioreefkit Don't want to use it again as i have again loriculus
I've just seen this thread , nopox wiped my tank out , the one test I didn't have was oxygen ,caused a bacterial bloom and starved the tank , I only have a fluval ps2 skimmer and it just wasn't up to the job..should be bigger warnings on it ,I will carry on reading this thread cheers

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just seen this thread , nopox wiped my tank out , the one test I didn't have was oxygen ,caused a bacterial bloom and starved the tank , I only have a fluval ps2 skimmer and it just wasn't up to the job..should be bigger warnings on it ,I will carry on reading this thread cheers

Did you overdose?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 94 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back