SpectraPure Replacement Filters

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have been running a SpectraPure® MaxCap® Standard 90GPD RO/DI System -MC-RODI-90-10 for quite a while now (over 15 years). I have always bought the SpectraPure® MaxCap® RO/DI High Capacity Replacement Filter Kit -FK-MCRODI-HC when replacing the cartridges'.

Is there an alternative to the SpectraPure brand that would replace each of the different filters with the same results as the SpectraPure brand ?

Last edited:

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest i once changed their filters with another brand and wasn't satisfied with the quality as they clogged faster.

After that i stayed with there brand quality filters. Actually i buy directly from them and buy 2 of them each each year and change them at 6 months.

In my case shipping is less going that route. Hoe that helps.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It helps. I have always bought direct from Spectrapure for over 15 years. I will likely continue to do so. Just wanted to check other alternative is any at all.

Edit: their customer service is hands down the best.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use SpectraPure preFilters and RO membranes, but have switched from their maxCap cartridges to using refillable cartridges from BRS for post processing and am quite happy with the results. Certainly much cheaper.

lvzx14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my mega maxcap and enduro DI filters from spectrapure last a bit longer than the other brands I have tried. The enduro is refillable which saves a good bit of money which is always nice.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another user that orders directly from Spectrapure. I used to get them from Marine Depot

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another user that orders directly from Spectrapure. I used to get them from Marine Depot
Same on both. I'm waiting for an order of replacement filters to come tomorrow from SpectraPure. I thought about trying the replacement filters from BRS, but hesitated.

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I have been running a SpectraPure® MaxCap® Standard 90GPD RO/DI System -MC-RODI-90-10 for quite a while now (over 15 years). I have always bought the SpectraPure® MaxCap® RO/DI High Capacity Replacement Filter Kit -FK-MCRODI-HC when replacing the cartridges'.

Is there an alternative to the SpectraPure brand that would replace each of the different filters with the same results as the SpectraPure brand ?
I'm glad you asked this question! I have the same unit and have purchased those same filters for almost 10 years. I think I'll stick with the SpectraPure replacements.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am chatting with Customer service as we speak. They are sold out of both the high capacity and the standard kits. I am working with them to piece together something that will work. Stay tuned.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tried others but I found the spectrapure to last longer and be superior as advertised.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am chatting with Customer service as we speak. They are sold out of both the high capacity and the standard kits. I am working with them to piece together something that will work. Stay tuned.
Last time I ordered I had to down grade one since what I usually use was out of stock. I change everything including membrane once a year regardless if they’re good or not. Seems to keep a 0 ending for me.
are they having a restocking problem ? I noticed when I bought mine they were out of quite a few filters. That was months ago.

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They are telling me due to the holiday sale, they are out of a few items.

I ordered my replacements a few weeks ago on Cyber Monday, so that would make sense. I'm still waiting to receive them, but got an email this week that mine were shipped. I need to plan better in the future. I didn't catch my TDS creeping up until recently!

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll break the mold here and say I just use filters and DI from BRS in my Spectrapure unit. I honestly don’t notice much of a difference.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would you happen to have a link to those filters ?
I usually use this kit

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back