Spilt lemon juice in tank

Clown2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Long story short had a glass of lemon juice ready to zap apisrasia but spilt half a glass down the side of/into my aquarium not sure of the exact amount

imediatly stoped the pumps and changed as much water as I had to hand mixed (mixing more now) and changed out 10 litres of a 32 gallon tank siphoning from where the juice was spilt ph has rapidly dropped 0.2 to 7.9 and still dropping using previous seneye readings as reference should be at around 8.1

Alk test is at 6 usually at 8 seneye also now detecting amonia at 0.005. Have prime on hand as also have freshwater tanks, have dosed to bind any amonia

any suggestions on what to apreciated?

Definitly switching to apistasia x from now on

Edit: ph bottomed out at 7.86 has now rebounded to 7.87 and amonia down to 0.003, nems hammer and grape coral look upset scold looks ok but has not extended sweepers for feeding al other corals look normal, doesn’t help that this happed 30 minutes before lights out.

Last edited:

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Long story short had a glass of lemon juice ready to zap apisrasia but spilt half a glass down the side of/into my aquarium not sure of the exact amount

imediatly stoped the pumps and changed as much water as I had to hand mixed (mixing more now) and changed out 10 litres of a 32 gallon tank siphoning from where the juice was spilt ph has rapidly dropped 0.2 to 7.9 and still dropping using previous seneye readings as reference should be at around 8.1

Alk test is at 6 usually at 8 seneye also now detecting amonia at 0.005. Have prime on hand as also have freshwater tanks, have dosed to bind any amonia

any suggestions on what to apreciated?

Definitly switching to apistasia x from now on

Edit: ph bottomed out at 7.86 has now rebounded to 7.87 and amonia down to 0.003, nems hammer and grape coral look upset scold looks ok but has not extended sweepers for feeding al other corals look normal, doesn’t help that this happed 30 minutes before lights out.
I think you’ll probably be ok. I don’t think lemon juice is very effective on Aips, from what I’ve heard anyway.

OP
OP
Clown2020

Clown2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yeah it’s morning now and everything seems fine, nems and coral all Back to normal

lesson learnt keep all liquids well away unless there measured and ready to be put in the tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back